Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
- information that you provide to us when registering with our platform;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this platform (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and platform navigation paths);
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our platform (including your name, identity card/passport number, gender, date of birth, email address, telephone number and mobile number);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our platform, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our platform (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our platform (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our platform will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the platform.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our platform and business;
- personalise our platform for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our platform;
- supply to you services purchased through our platform;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our platform;
- keep our platform secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our platform.
If you submit personal information for publication on our platform, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our platform, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the platform.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
Diclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our platform or submit for publication on our platform may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 5.
Retaining personal information
This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our platform will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our platform confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our platform).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our platform.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your identity card / passport certified by a solicitor or the court plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Third party platform
Our platform includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party platform.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a platform server to a platform browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a platform browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the platform browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our platform.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many platform.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our platform.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many platform.
You hereby irrevocably authorise us to provide or disclose your personal data to any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or to any appropriate authorities, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies and government agencies or to our solicitors or any relevant financial institutions or professional advisers or to any third party having commercial dealings on us providing our services to you.
For the purposes of this clause, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Personal Data Protection Act, 2010 of Malaysia.
This platform is owned and operated by eBOSS Technology Sdn. Bhd. (Company No.: 754748-K) registered in Malaysia having its service address at NO.76-3, BLOCK G, ZENITH CORPORATE PARK, SS7/26, KELANA JAYA, 47301 PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our platform contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org